Abbott joins world leaders in healthcare at the upcoming international conference of the African Society for Laboratory Medicine to share fresh perspectives and breakthroughs in diagnostics.
As a diversified healthcare company, inspired by the knowledge that laboratories performing at their best will deliver results that drive better patient outcomes and improve healthcare value -Abbott is committed to helping African Ministries of Health and stakeholders achieve measurably better healthcare performance.
Abbott has re-engineered their organisation to be an agile partner for healthcare leaders. The focus is to continue the development of detection technology that keeps pace with rapidly changing needs through an approach that delivers personalized solutions.
HOW ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS HELPS REDEFINE PERFORMANCE IN LABORATORIES AND INSTITUTIONS
Expert teams take a holistic, enterprise-level view to develop personalized solutions for your laboratory.
A harmonized family of innovative systems – such as Alinity – as well as assays, informatics and automation solutions to streamline your laboratory operations.
A suite of professional services, supported by informatics enablers, to unlock intelligent insights from your valuable data.
Abbott brings meaningful innovation to diagnostic testing, elevates its role in clinical decision making, and helps ensure delivery of quality care to patients.
The latest innovative solutions that can help equip institutions for success both now and in the future are:
- Alinity is a family of next-generation systems available across key laboratory disciplines, including core lab, transfusion, molecular, point of care and informatics, that:
- is designed to simplify diagnostics
- help deliver results that drive better patient outcomes
- streamline and integrate critical interactions between individuals, systems and information
- AlinIQ is a proprietary suite of professional services and open informatics that:
- captures the insights from owned data
- helps deliver greater operational productivity with existing resources to any lab
Together, these two solutions redefine performance in laboratories and institutions.
|DISCOVER ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS PERSONALIZED SOLUTIONS ACROSS CLINICAL CHEMISTRY, COAGULATION, HEMATOLOGY, IMMUNOASSAY, TRANSFUSION MEDICINE POINT OF CARE, INFORMATICS AND MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS AT DIAGNOSTICS.ABBOTT.|
Abbott’s point of care diagnostics portfolio – enhanced significantly by the acquisition of rapid diagnostics technologies in 2017 – brings the power of many of our life-changing tests to wherever patients are – in emergency rooms or rural areas in developing countries.
There are abundant opportunities to build on Abbott ’s leadership position for rapid diagnostics by introducing near-patient tests that achieve outcomes in minutes and yield more accurate diagnoses in less time. Among the most exciting products to watch:
- Afinion 2 platform:
- provides a popular series of cardiometabolic tests – related to blood sugar, heart health and cholesterol
- quick administration and accuracy in a high-growth area for medical testing
- convenience with compactness, speed and versatility
- offers a solution that addresses chronic conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure by enabling healthcare professionals with the information needed to make fast and accurate medical decisions such as:
– 3 minutes for HbA1c
– 5 minutes for Albumin/Creatine Ratio
– 7 minutes for Lipid Panel
– 3 minutes for C-reactive protein (CRP)
- allows more time to counsel patients within a single office visit
- building on Abbott’s heritage in diabetes care, the platform empowers patients with information.
- m-PIMA™ HIV-1/2 VL is:
- the first viral load monitoring test at the point of care
- designed to provide healthcare professionals – especially in remote and underserved communities – with a fast, accurate, and easy-to-use test to help manage their patients’ HIV
- portable and robust to address issues around infrastructure obstacles, shortage of skilled clinicians, logistical challenges and inefficient systems for providing results to a patient
- now commercially available in select countries. This product is not available in the United States.
SOLUTIONS TO SEE
HOW NEAR-PATIENT TESTING TRANSFORMS HEALTHCARE.
Visit stand no.29 to discover more about the company’s leading technology solutions and join the Abbott symposiums for a perspective on molecular testing from central laboratory to remote care:
- Laboratory Systems REIMAGINED to deliver scale up | 11 Dec 2018 | 12:30 – 13:30
- MOLECULAR FOR EVERYONE | 12 Dec 2018 | 12:30 – 13:30